Our two-week summer camp provides hands-on, project-based instruction for kids aged 7-10 to explore various STEAM activities.
Camp is broken into two one-week sessions. The first week will meet in the mornings and the seconds in the afternoons. Each week-long session is designed to stand alone as a complete course and complement each other so that when combined, students will have an enriching and comprehensive experience. We invite campers to participate in both sessions, and each week will feature multiple hands-on labs. Please note that our camp will have interactive instruction and short breaks because we believe campers need to balance time on-screen/off-screen to complete projects.
Activity kits will be sent ahead for use with hands-on projects, more information and a list of the contents will be provided closer to the start date. We are sure that lots of creative ideas will come about as we learn how to code, and think like a coder, explore physics and think like an engineer.
We look forward to working with young STEAM scholars, and we hope they have a lot of fun.
Session one: July 19-23, 9:30-12:00PM EST [MORNING SESSION]
Creative Coding: We will learn programming concepts by making art with simple animations, games, and interactive stories. Participants will learn the relationship between coding, problem-solving, and design. We will also learn about physical computing and build STEAM projects to explore engineering and design concepts. These thoughtfully designed projects will foster Creativity, computation, and lateral thinking.
Session two: July 26-30, 2:00-4:30PM EST [AFTERNOON SESSION]
Phenomenal Physics: Join us for a physics and engineering-focused session. We will do science simulations and build structures! Play games with physics and use math to measure! With a blend of live and asynchronous learning, we will be use engineering to construct tall towers, solid structures, and bridges. With computers, math can be fun!
- 2 week camp from July 19-July 30.
- Option to do one week sessions (July 19- 23 or July 26-30)
- Session one (morning): 9:30 am-12:00 pm
- Session two (afternoon): 2:00 pm-4:30pm
- Take advantage of early bird pricing of $200 per session until June 6th! Full-price sessions are $250.
- Students will receive an activity kit before the start of camp. Please be sure to include your mailing address in the registration form. You must register at least two weeks before the start date for your kits to arrive on time.
- All sessions will occur through Zoom, and the links for the week will be sent out via Eventbrite in the days leading up to camp. Make sure to check the email that you use to register for this program.
- Ages: 7-9
- Maximum learners: 16
- There is a minimum registration of 6 students for this program to run. You will be issued a full refund in the event that we do not meet our registration requirement.
Camp Programs may include projects on the following themes:
- Hands-on Making
- Artistic Design
Ages 7 to 10.